Job Type: Full-time
Equilibrium Brewery is a brewery in Middletown, NY that served its first beer in 2016. We make uncompromisingly great beer founded on scientific principles and a love for drinking craft beer.
We are looking for a dynamic bartender with strong interpersonal skills and a passion for hospitality looking to work in a fun and professional environment. Intimate knowledge of craft beer and its culture is important. though not a set prerequisite to fill the role.
Essential Job Duties
- Assist customers in their beer selections by effectively communicating information about our beer styles and brewing process
- Provide the same level of customer service to your co-workers as you offer to guests
- Anticipate customers’ service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible
- Address guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner
- Memorize our food and beverage menus and make recommendations to our guests
- Serve pours in accordance with Equilibrium’s quality standards
- Operate and troubleshoot draft equipment and move and change kegs as necessary
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of bar area
- Open and close according to Equilibrium opening and closing procedures
- Assist during private events and special releases as necessary
- Follow all alcohol serving laws and COVID-19 safety protocols
- Processing transactions via our Point of Sale system (Toast)
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
Desired Qualifications & Abilities
- 2 years of bartending experience (preferably in craft beer environment)
- Cicerone Certified Beer Server (preferred)
- TIPS training required within 30 days of hire
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment while maintaining professional standards in demeanor and work efficiency
- Understands the importance of working within a team setting
- Willing to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
Compensation & Benefits
Hourly bartender wage ($8.35/hr) plus participation in tip pool. PTO, health, dental and vision available after eligibility period.
If you are passionate about food and beer and have the desire to provide great customer service, please apply! Send your resume to email@example.com