We are delighted to be bringing new jobs to Middletown, NY. Our facility (2-8 South Street) will be open seven days a week, offering a wide array of shifts for our kitchen, taproom and retail spaces. We are looking for employees who possess positive attitudes, integrity, highly honed communication skills and a willingness to learn.
In this position, you will maintain cleanliness and sanitation standards for glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc. using machine and manual cleaning methods. You will also ensure the dishwashing area is maintained as a clean, safe, and sanitary facility and assist with prep cook duties as needed.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware, and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through the dish machine
- Sort and stack clean dishes, carry clean dishes to cooks’ line and other proper storage areas, rewash soiled dishes before delivering
- Change dishwater in dish machine every hour
- Wash pots, pans, and trays by hand
- Set up or break down dishwashing area
- Fill/empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions
- Assemble/disassemble dish machine
- Notify manager any time dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures
Maintain Cleanliness of Area
- Remove trash and garbage to dumpster
- Sweep up trash around exterior of restaurant and garbage dumpster
- Conduct general taproom and restroom cleaning as directed
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
Desired Qualifications & Abilities
Minimum 1 year dishwasher experience preferred but not necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proper practice of sanitation and general hygiene
- Must be able to perform in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but basic written or oral instructions
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Be physically able to lift, reach, bend, and stoop
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
Hourly wage, based on experience.
If you are passionate about food and beer and have the desire to provide great customer service, please apply! Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.