Job Type: Full-time, part-time
Equilibrium Brewery is a brewery in Middletown, NY that served its first beer in 2016. We make uncompromisingly great beer founded on scientific principles and a love for drinking craft beer.
We are looking for a dynamic server with strong interpersonal skills and a passion for hospitality looking to work in a fun and professional environment. Intimate knowledge of craft beer and its culture is important. though not a hard prerequisite to fill the role.
This will be a hybrid host/server role as the primary function of this role is to seat guests and facilitate questions about the menu and the brewery. Orders will primarily be taken via a web ordering page directed from a QR code.
Our taproom is relatively new, so functions and service may change as guest behavior dictates.
Essential Job Duties
- Seating guests in a timely, friendly, and efficient manner
- Provide the same level of customer service to your co-workers as you offer to guests
- Anticipate customers’ service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible
- Informing guests on how to use QR codes to access menus
- Having excellent knowledge of our drink/food menu and answer any questions guests will have on our menus
- Bring caddies and water to all tables as well as running drink orders
- Taking orders if necessary
- Utilizing our point of sale system (Toast)
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
Desired Qualifications & Abilities
- 2 years of restaurant/serving experience (preferably in a craft beer environment)
- TIPS training required within 30 days of hire
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment while maintaining professional standards in demeanor and work efficiency
- Detail oriented
- Understands the importance of working within a team setting
- Willing to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
Compensation & Benefits
Hourly host/server wage ($8.35/hr) plus participation in tip pool. PTO, health, dental and vision available after eligibility period.
If you are passionate about food and beer and have the desire to provide great customer service, please apply! Send your resume to email@example.com.