Brewery Taproom Manager
Equilibrium Brewery is currently seeking a full-time Brewery Taproom Manager to help create and oversee Equilibrium’s world class destination onsite experience, including our taproom and Bonfire food program. This will be a dynamic position that reports to the General Manager to execute the vision of Brand Management working closely with staff across the company. The ideal candidate will be a motivated individual who is skilled at multitasking and collaborating across teams.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
● Help create a world class destination onsite experience for all types of customers ranging from the experienced beer nerd to the first-time craft beer drinker.
● Showcase Equilibrium’s beers.
● Engage and educate customers and the front of house about Equilibrium’s beer, process, ingredients, etc… and how they should be served and enjoyed.
● Continue and further create Equilibrium’s craft beer culture.
● Help with special releases, Beer Industry events, create community-based events, and coordinate tours.
● Hire, train, and supervise brewery taproom and Bonfire staff.
● Oversee shift schedule for staff, track hours and tips for payroll processing.
● Oversee food ordering systems, food ordering, and wait staff.
● Manage and coordinate inventory with production, packaging, and sales teams. Reconcile inventory on a weekly basis.
● Project inventory volume and variety needs, while maintaining commitment to internal standards on quality and freshness.
● Maintain a clean and welcoming environment, ensuring the best customer experience possible.
● Communicate and maintain informational updates to direct staff as well as Managers, Sales, and Brand Management.
● Represent Equilibrium Brewery by providing excellent customer service, and addressing issues in a professional, positive, and timely matter.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
Desired Qualifications and Abilities
● Passion and knowledge of craft beer and hospitality. Cicerone and TIPS certifications a plus.
● Required 5 years of experience in the food and beverage industry and required 2 years of experience in restaurant or taproom management.
● Required advanced knowledge of draft systems.
● Knowledge of front and back of house management.
● Knowledge of accounting, finance, and inventory controls.
● Flexible approach to high-stress situations, where change is the norm.
● Experience managing employee, vendor, and customer relationships.
● Proficiency with Toast (or similar POS), Excel, and Google Suite products.
● Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects up to 25 pounds without assistance.
● Must be flexible with scheduling and be able to work most weekends and evenings.
● Paid time off
● Medical, Dental & Vision plans available
● Simple IRA with 3% company match
● Employee reward program
A cover letter is required for consideration. Qualified candidates may submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.