We are beyond thrilled to announce that Equilibrium Brewery is finally getting a taproom! Since our first release February 2017, we feel a connection to the beer community that is stronger than ever. This last year was amazing – even with just a few hundred square feet of pavement and freezing temperatures – we experienced epic shares, people sleeping in vans overnight, experimental beers, boiz crazy for haze, people punting tekus, descendants of Genghis Khan, scantily clad chuggers, bed pan meatballs, surprise magnum winners, people out of equilibrium, and several other antics that counsel has stricken from this post. From all this insanity, it was clear that it wasn’t flashy lights… or heat… or protection from the elements… or things needed by humans for basic survival… that made Saturday mornings so amazing. Rather, it is the beer community itself that generates the experience. As this community grows, we are thrilled to see Middletown locals joining in shares and releases (thank you for the cupcakes last weekend!). We want to give the people creating this experience the space to enhance it further. The new building will create the proper environment to enjoy our liquid, which should be the very space that the liquid itself was conceptually constructed, tested, executed, refined, and conditioned.
Below are the high-level basics and some QnA we’ve received.
Basics of the new location:
* Where: A few blocks away from our current location (see attached map)
* When: ASAP. We hope to have the share area/beer garden completed in Fall 2018 and the indoor taproom the following winter.
* Intent: Further the amazing community experience, establish sour and stout barrel programs, smoke brisket and add Argentinian BBQ, play bags and drink without concern, enjoy life and share stories over EQ liquid and beers worldwide.
* Where will the can/bottle releases be? Releases will continue at the current space for now. As soon as we are licensed, we will move the releases to the 5,000 sq ft outdoor share area (see map).
* Will there be food? Yes. Joe’s Breakfast sandwiches aren’t going anywhere. We will add a big smoker for Pete’s Brisket and other goodies, and a parrilla for Ricardo and Chino to work some South American BBQ magic. We are also in discussion to work with our good friends from Holy Dog and Mix N Mac.
* Are you getting bigger tanks? Nope. Our beer is getting better and better on the tank size we have and we’re going to keep it that way. The End.
* When will you start barrel aging? We hope to have pilot barrels of sours and stouts in a few weeks and we’ll expand this organically as we become comfortable with the process and the behavior of our base beers and adjuncts.
We are all extremely grateful for your support and the opportunity to do what we love, with the people we love, and share our beer with this community.
On behalf of everyone from Equilibrium Brewery,